Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing project design handoff and support construction administration for all Infarm facilities in North America; serving as the main point of contact for Infarm between the internal design team and external construction partners. The Construction PM is responsible for advancing Infarm business strategies through real estate and construction of facilities by performing the following duties.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Manages projects encompassing the complete building activation process, from site selection and due diligence to the successful and timely handover of the building.*
- Manages the design and construction teams to ensure Infarm’s objectives are being met including those relating to quality, schedule, and budget.*
- Maintains facilities and city activation.*
- Ensures deadlines and deliverables are met, liaisons with contractors, sets timelines, estimates costs, reviews budgets, invoices, and negotiates contracts.*
- Manages the project on a weekly and daily basis.*
- Oversees multiple projects in various locations simultaneously.*
- Manages aspects of engineering design, prioritization, deliverables, defines schedules, and sets deadlines.*
- Oversees goal setting, timelines, and, sets strategies to meet longer-term goals, and provide construction-related cost and budget, as part of the expansion team.*
- Conducts real estate assessments for new properties including site visits, applying technical skills to assess needs of the business relative to the property, uses digital means to measure, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding properties.*
- Evaluates consultant proposals, holds contractors accountable, follows through on deadlines, and prepares projects with internal and external partners.*
- Leads value engineering efforts with contractors for scope, schedule, and cost efficiencies to optimize the execution of construction.*
- Represents the Infarm vision, processes, brand, equipment, mission, to ensure contractors deliver to Infarm standards.*
- Maintains the ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis in order to physically oversee construction progress at new locations.*
- Ensures milestones are set and ensures the evaluation of each milestone for construction.*
- Provides recommendations to change processes, deadlines, and quality assurance.*
- Guides unexpected changes during construction with internal stakeholders and external consultants/contractors to ensure execution maintains schedule and controls cost.*
- Collaborates deeply with Infarm internal stakeholders and teams to best understand developments and standards of Infarm equipment and brand.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.), preferably in engineering, construction management, or related architectural degree; and five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years of working experience in the building sector in North America, including experience in both planning and supervision
- Experience in construction management of industrial project types, pharmaceutical, or data centers preferred
- Experience in leadership and achievement delivering projects on time and on budget
- Experience in various aspects of construction planning and management, including but not limited to estimating, bidding, preparing and administering purchase orders and subcontracts, scheduling, and cost control
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of US and Canada building laws, city approval processes and code compliance testing
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit is preferred
- Architecture/PE license preferred
- LEED AP is a plus
- Less than 50% travel required
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.