Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You can tell us in your cover letter two reasons why you want join Infarm and your favourite herb
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- You have proven experience in data engineering development
- You have good communication skills and are able to translate engineering language to non-technical stakeholders and vice versa
- You are comfortable driving project development in an agile environment
- You are motivated to drive career development and coach engineers to achieve their professional growth objectives
It would also be great (but not necessary) if you have experience with:
- Managing a team of data engineers and data analysts
- Technical program management experience
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people.
The Data Engineering team contributes to that mission by
- Building infrastructure and services to integrate data across different departments
- Enhance data accessibility
- Enable data-enabled product development.
We work hard to continuously improve the quality of our farms. We want them to become more clever and data-driven, so that they can provide the best possible growing environment for our crops and nurture them to perfection. Our team also aims to provide the backbone for those data-driven functions to become a reality. Will you help us achieve these goals?
As a Data Engineering Team Lead, your role will be totally managerial, and not hands on technical. You will enable our team to:
- Work closely with our stakeholders to understand their requests, define adequate requirements and establish priorities
- Drive our technical roadmap implementation
- Monitor and prioritise tasks to manage the team’s workload
- Oversee the team’s rituals and work together with the team in establishing effective and healthy work cycles
- Manage the career development and coaching of the engineers and analysts on the team
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a growing company focused on sustainability, people, innovation, and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances.
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of respectful, helpful colleagues.
- A remote mindset that allows you to contribute from wherever you feel the most comfortable.
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- We are in the process of revamping our benefits package to make them more "remote friendly" - watch this space :)
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.