Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
The Head of Retail will be responsible for the in-store customer experience to ensure that every location consistently reflects the company's brand. The Head of Retail will be responsible for maximizing the profitability of the retail stores, controlling operating costs, and achieving sales and profitability goals.
This individual should have experience overseeing regulated production or consumer operations in a compliant market. This role should have the ability to grow a business from the start-up phase through ongoing activities.
This role will be responsible for all locations in the Nordics (initial focus Denmark). As I nfarm grows the regional responsibilities may be adjusted.
As Infarm's “Head of Retail” you:
- Lead, motivate and develop the sales team, including recruiting, performance management, and target setting.
- Managing all sales activities in the market as well as creating and implementing a sales strategy for the market.
- Own the financial and operational performance of the sales team.
- Conducting negotiations with small/medium size partnerships while having a deep understanding of the market and competition.
- Create and manage an annual business unit plan to deliver agreed channel revenue KPI’s and targets and provide reporting as required.
- Work with all our other commercial departments (such as Marketing and Brand) to implement promotions and other marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Ensure all retail facilities operate in full compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Coordinate with Operations-team on inventory supply including necessary transportation and logistics to and from retail locations.
- Create a consistent in-store experience for customers across all retail operations; work with operations leaders to ensure store experience meets expectations consistently.
- Work with HR to develop retail policies and procedures and incorporate into day to day operations.
- Work closely with key stakeholders including the account team, category, activation team, sales capability and customer finance to provide the optimum return.
- Minimum of 15+ years of consumer products industry experience along with strong sales knowledge with an emphasis on managing customer relationships, retail deployment, sales finance, and sales operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or other related academic studies will be good to have
- Strong Retail leadership experience as well as a big network within the food retail industry
- Expert in retail with experience managing multiple retail locations as well as strong knowledge of customer and business strategies
- Proven experience of people management
- Experience with project management, change management and driving programs independently
- Solid knowledge of sales and negotiation processes
- Experience driving profitable sales
- Experience working with start-ups or with companies in a fast growing environment are preferred
- Applicants should be based in Denmark and available to work on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.