Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Maintenance/Installation Specialist, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms both at our plant production hub and our customer retail locations across Vancouver. You’ll follow clearly defined processes of PPM (planned preventative maintenance) and corrective maintenance of hardware components to ensure the health of our standalone software based hydroponic farms.
You will also work as part of the Installation team responsible for managing the successful installation and testing of Infarm’s unique farm systems at our clients’ locations, from local venues to large scale international roll-outs. The Installation team travels extensively to keep up with Infarm’s ambitious expansion plans in Canada and the US.
Practical maintenance experience is required as you’ll be solving a variety of technical problems related to different farm components mainly electric, hydroponic PVCs/ pumps and software integration. You’ll also need to combine this, with great communication skills and the basic skills to maintain the smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms. Previous software/coding skills are not required as training will be provided.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Service our hydroponic farms at our customer locations and in our plant production hub on bi-weekly basis
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Work with chemicals to mix fertilizer and pH regulating solutions as needed
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Conduct and successfully complete hydroponic farm installations on client’s site according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Complete installation reports and document issues through a number of online tools
- As part of our Infarm team, you will work closely with our Infarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Previous maintenance experience along with exposure to working with electrical components
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn in an ever changing environment with a can-do approach to problem solving
- Valid driver’s license in good standing as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada and the US
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software/IoT
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.