Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Plant Expert, you contribute to that mission by being responsible for the health of our plants at our new Infarm Plant Hub in Calgary. You are an experienced agronomist and plant enthusiast, as well as a perfectionist, motivated to grow top-quality plants.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Ensure plant performance by taking responsibility for fertilization and plant protection
- Establish and maintain food safety guidelines in crop production areas
- Manage plant production conditions and processes
- Oversee Nursery, Hub, and In-Store production to ensure crops are to infarm’s quality standards
- Maintain & coordinate Global G.A.P certification
- Educate and transfer skills to Production Growers on plant health and hygiene related issues and ensuring all related standard operating procedures are implemented
- Conduct research to optimize crop performance or replace existing crop varieties
- Adaptation of Nursery recipes to obtain recommended seedling parameters
- Continuously monitor all Infarm hydroponic farming units in Calgary and make system adjustments to ensure good harvest performance
- Ensure full and accurate application of production guidelines
- Provide continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders
- Be in contact with relevant plant-related professionals (ex. beneficial suppliers, research organizations, etc.)
- Provide continuous feedback and follow up on the guidelines received from the Global Crop Operations team in Berlin
- Deliver on-site training and onboarding for new growers together with Operations Manager
- Travel to in-store locations to ensure plant performance on a regular basis
- Master’s degree in Plant Science or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in plant production, nursery, greenhouse, etc.; previous experience with hydroponic systems is a plus
- Vast knowledge of plant health and detection of plant deficiencies and diseases; familiarity with Global G.A.P. preferred
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment under defined guidelines with precision
- A natural leader with excellent communication including both written and verbal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams while and build strong working relationships
- Creative problem solver with a “hands-on” approach and proactive attitude
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and capable of recording data and procedures
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.