Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As Production Site Manager you will ensure the smooth running of our plant production in our North London Hub and guarantee that only the best plants reach our customers by adhering to hygiene and quality standards while maintaining your goals on profitability. You will be responsible for the management, development and expansion of the production site and will provide creative solutions for challenges. You bring a high degree of personal responsibility and initiate or lead projects to increase efficiency and productivity.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Lead the Infarm Plant Hub team in our production hub, consisting of Nursery & Plant Production, Maintenance Specialist(s), Warehouse employees and Quality Control
- Supervise, train, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to promote a highly professional, positive and engaging work environment
- Work closely with the HQ Recruitment team to hire a highly efficient team
- Ensure the success of your team through employee performance reviews and coaching
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Take responsibility for the P&L and KPIs of your area of responsibility, communicate them to relevant stakeholders and develop and apply continuous measures of improvement
- Initiate and lead projects in order to implement change and improvements throughout your production site in close cooperation with central HQ
- Take ownership of employee scheduling, stock management, and provide your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Cooperate closely with the central capacity planner to ensure production capacity planning and production planning based on central guidelines and targets
- Ensure that specification-compliant quality is maintained and delivered, taking into account the agreed service level
- Ensure all relevant data and tools are up to date at any time
- You already have professional experience in a leading position in production or operations management in the F&B or food production – hands-on experience in those sectors is a strong plus
- You have a dedicated leadership personality with excellent communication skills and 5+ years of management experience
- You have a degree or background in production and / or in management within the food or hospitality sector
- You have professional experience in a leading position in production or operations management
- You are confident working in a rapidly changing environment with a continuous development of structure and processes
- Your approach to work is characterised by a results driven orientation and you have strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- You have at least basic knowledge in business administration and employment law
- You possess a strong verbal and written level of English
What we offer
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our various ERGs about D&I, sports, or virtual social activities
- Take some time off: 28 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Enjoy your meal: Lunch and refreshments provided 5 days a week
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.