Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Drive business functions and ensure employee efforts support organizational goals and objectives. Provide oversight for real estate operations and project execution. Perform strategic analysis for various financial and operational initiatives and support the corporate finance team in performing analysis and preparing complex financial models for such initiatives.
Work with company management to develop business strategies.
Own strategy for Infarm’s real estate solutions, project execution for various production centers and warehousing solutions and profitability of such projects.
- Evaluate various real estate solutions and define the best options, lead negotiation with landlords, complete contract reviews with external attorneys.
- Prepare projections related to project profitability, conduct feasibility analysis and participate in governance of KPIs and actions towards profitability of such projects.
- Make key strategic decisions throughout project lifetime and communicate the progress and completion with key stakeholders.
- Work with the OpEx team and cross-departmentally to help identify efficiencies in operational improvement projects.
- Assist in the deployment of the Infarm playbook related to the above mentioned areas, identifying and optimizing areas of operational differences. Help to provide visibility of North American operations across the organization.
- Provide the right level of resource allocation on critical projects.
- Constantly coordinate and communicate with other members of the operational departments and senior leadership team.
- Maintain a KPI based reporting structure with all NA locations.
- Analyze data from operational systems.
- Perform strategic analysis for various financial and operational initiatives and support the corporate finance team in performing analysis and preparing complex financial models for such initiatives.
- Provide proactive and creative solutions for existing business challenges.
- Travel as needed domestically and internationally by car and air to visit HQ, hub and store locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or a related area of study
- 5+ years experience analyzing projects or processes related to setup and/or operations of a production environment including experience in analyzing and defining strategy for business operations
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Experience in operational excellence or continuous improvement
- Experience in project/process analysis (preferably for a food production environment)
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including driving a car
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal and presenting required.
- “Hands-on” approach and proactive approach to projects
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and exhibit flexibility to accomplish dynamic priorities.
- Strong computer skills required, especially with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and ability to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.