Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As Field Grower, you are responsible for plants during planting and harvesting stages for instore purposes, and represent Infarm to store employees and customers. You understand what great customer service means and want to ensure a fantastic customer experience. You are the first point of contact for infarm customers and delight in informing and inspiring them about our product. You have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for Infarm and our mission. Moreover, having a high attention to detail and being well organized are among your strongest skills.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Harvest, plant and package plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to the Infarm’s clients with minimal food waste
- Drive to stores and customer locations daily to deliver goods frequently
- Interact with clients and store personnel providing top-notch customer service
- Protect the health of the plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the instore farms clean, in accordance with the highest quality standards
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using the company's internal applications
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to the company's guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of the company's customers
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Perform basic maintenance of farms when needed
- Follow workflow and schedule as directed
- Research health and safety legislation and guidelines continuously, with respect to this position and services provided
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including company policies and all health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Part-time hours 15-25 per week
- Routes available in and around the Toronto area
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company utilizing own vehicle
- One to two years in a retail or customer service environment providing exceptional customer experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and caring for cleanliness
- Proven time management, organizational skills and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism with a passion for plant growth, sustainability and nutrition
- Flexibility with work hours and to adapt to the needs of the business including the willingness to work on weekends
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a retail environment or in customer service is an asset
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Retirement savings plan for eligible employees
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.