Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
The Senior Project buyer will be responsible for sourcing new and alternative suppliers side by side with the R&D teams in various regions. They will be responsible to optimize cost of capital equipment by implementing engineering initiatives in collaboration with strategic partners. They will take an important role in new products release by providing technical and procurement knowledge.
Strategic sourcing of Vertical farming systems
- Research and development of prospective suppliers of high-value capital equipment, in close collaboration with the R&D teams.
- Evaluate key suppliers in accordance with the products requirements, to meet the overall company business needs, objectives and quality standards.
- Create RfI and RfQ according to internal customer and project requirements
- Lead negotiation on development and supply contracts with suppliers
- Lead strategic planning with suppliers taking into account product development and cost reduction plans.
- Manage the supplier relationship and own their performances all the way until product implementation and handover to the dedicated operational/strategic buyer
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting internal customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- 6+ years of experience in Procurement, ideally as a Project Buyer in a technical setting with focus on industrial machinery/automation
- B.S. in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Proven track record of negotiating complex contracts, covering a wide range of technical requirements
- Strong relationship development skills, ability to establish and maintain influential relationships with key decision makers at the suppliers.
- Vertical farming hardware and / or software knowledge is an advantage
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, additional EU languages are a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.