Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who we are:
- A friendly, respectful, and diverse team across genders, ethnicities, ages, and skill levels.
- We are focused on sustainability, people, innovation, and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances.
- A completely remote team with truly flexible hours so that you can contribute from wherever you feel the most comfortable and accommodate your life and family.
- We work in English with our colleagues from multiple teams across the globe.
- We like to exchange ideas within our team, but also with the other R&D teams, in regular workshops and talks as part of our Learning & Development program.
At Infarm we grow a network that brings farming to the people. The Crop Science team contributes to that mission by developing the crop growing recipes our operational network relies on in their daily operations:
- Nursery recipe & operations development
- Farm recipe development
- Fertilizer management
- Hygiene practices
- Oversee all farm operations within the Crop Science team in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the entire growing process.
- Effectively lead a team of horticulturalists, agronomist and researchers
- Help define planting plans, select irrigation & fertilizer techniques and plan harvests for production experimental schedule
- Be a career coach for team members in order to maximize developer goals and grow individuals to their potential.
- Drive a strong scientific culture based on learning, optimism, teamwork, and career development.
- Work with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Collaborate with Operational Teams globally to overcome challenges within the growing environment in order to improve yields & quality of crops
- Makes final decisions on operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Proven work experience of >5 years in the field of Greenhouse Agronomy/Vertical farming
- A master's degree in Agronomy / Horticulture
- Strong leadership experience in a multicultural environment
- Great people skills paired with a high level of assertiveness
- Strong analytical, strategic and coordination skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of business and horticultural technology
- Very good communication skills in English
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level team members
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home and lunch provided when visiting one of our Berlin hubs
- The equipment you choose to help you do your job how you please
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.