Who we are:
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are:
- You write high-quality code and documentation in Go or similar programming language
- You enjoy designing, building and operating scalable, observable platform systems and APIs for others to build upon.
- You have experience developing and deploying to Google Cloud or other cloud environments
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The Software team contributes to that mission by building web and mobile apps to:
- Monitor, automate and control our vertical farms to provide the highest quality crops
- Support the logistics of operations along with the crops life cycle
- Monitor the quality of our crops to drive operational improvements
We work hard to continuously improve the quality of our farms. We want them to become more clever and data-driven, so that they can provide the best possible growing environment for our crops and nurture them to perfection. Our team also aims to shorten the path from customer request to delivery as much as possible to provide the best customer experience. Will you help us to achieve these goals?
As an Infarm Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- architect, design, document, develop and deploy our platform cloud services
- be an integral part of an empowered and self-organizing team.
- collaborate actively with other engineers, product owners, domain experts to deliver value.
- regularly deploy production code while maintaining performance and a stable system.
- Professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- Build and debug reliable, secure and performant services in Golang.
- You have a solid understanding of system design and data structures.
- Experience with cloud technologies and platforms.
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of C++ or Python programming languages.
- Experience with Terraform.
What we offer:
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in it for you:
- Stay up-to-date: Regular Global & Regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 Professional Counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Setup your Office: 800 EUR one-time budget to rent furniture and a 50 EUR monthly remote support allowance
- Enjoy your meal: Subsidized meal vouchers
- Sustainable travel: Subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.