Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe sustainability, diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
Making an impact
The Infarm Communications Team is part of Infarm’s Impact Organization which is led by Infarm’s Chief Impact Officer. Impact @ Infarm aligns efforts across the company to influence the way we as a society think about the modern food system while striving to create positive and meaningful change.
By championing Infarm’s vision, products, services and values; creating industry partnerships to multiply impact; and communicating the health, sustainability and environmental benefits of our approach to urban farming, all the while engaging the Infarmers globally in the fast-paced journey, the Impact organization is Infarm’s global voice to spark (r)evolution across the global industry that manages the growth and regulation of our modern agricultural system.
As part of the Infarm Communications Team, your role is to help shape and share the narratives of Infarm’s revolutionary vision for building a new food system and the benefits of the Infarm approach to urban farming through the essays, executive remarks, articles, blogposts, website copy, presentations and other range of editorial content and content strategies you develop to reach the diversity of consumer, business, NGO and government audiences in the markets in which we operate around the world.
Your goal will be to educate and inform, while positioning Infarm at the forefront of sustainability. You’ll also work closely with Infarm executives to draw out messages to establish your spokespersons as thought-leaders in their markets and drivers of positive change across the industry.
We are looking for a hands-on and organized Editorial Content Manager to:
- Develop, manage and maintain an editorial calendar for our blog and website to share narratives of Infarm’s vision for building a healthier, more sustainable, and more ethical food system;
- Collaborate across Infarm teams to identify and tailor stories across a variety of editorial formats - including research papers, educational pieces, newsletters, blogposts, articles, op-eds, q&a interviews and others - to reach the broad range of consumer, business and industry audiences with our story;
- Conduct research through interviews with Infarm experts and through the use of online and industry sources to understand current trends in vertical farming, hydroponics, agriculture, sustainability and related topics to inform content strategy and editorial plans;
- Work closely with Infarm spokespersons to develop content that can be used to drive thought-leadership across multiple markets;
- Collaborate with marketing teams and regional and local PR managers to build content strategies that complement and reinforce ongoing earned and paid media campaigns;
- Establish an editorial tone of voice and language that can be easily translated and adapted to multiple languages and markets;
- Manage one or more writers as needed;
- Optimize delivery of content through SEO.
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in a role as an editor, manager of editorial content strategy, journalist or copywriter in DACH or international markets as part of an in-house or agency team;
- You have experience managing teams and budgets in service of project goals;
- You are proactive, attentive and able to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and independently;
- You are comfortable with search engine optimization, HTML and web publishing platforms and tools;
- You are equally fluent English and German and master formal and colloquial writing in both languages;
- You also read job applications completely and show it by writing “I love Coriander” in your application letter.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Pension Scheme
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.