Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
You will be responsible for managing the warehouse layout and optimization, receiving incoming deliveries, stocking them as needed, and preparing the shipment of goods to our customers, while ensuring Infarm quality standards. You will work closely with our Supply Chain Planner based in New York City, taking care of the daily business as well as taking the initiative to implement improvement measures.
As Infarm's Warehouse/Inventory Specialist you:
- Manage the warehouse layout and optimization with racking systems and inventory system management
- Receive goods into the warehouse, adjust inventory accordingly. Keep an ongoing and accurate physical count of goods.
- Perform picking and packing of goods along with kitting activity and physical stock-out of goods
- Schedule trucks/vans with the transporter as per the network route
- Document shipments and invoicing
- Enter data and record material movement in the inventory management system
- Maintain minimum stock levels as per specifications and re-order material as needed
- Manage weekly cycle count, quarterly stock-taking and annual stock count
- Maintain the warehouse area, ensuring cleanliness and organization
- Record truck arrival time, number of trucks, number of shipments, returns, etc.
- Follow safety guidelines, ensure the hub is compliant with local regulations
- 2+ years of warehouse layout and inventory management experience preferred
- Experience working with inventory management systems along with maintaining spreadsheets for inventory control purposes
- Experience in handling and storing chemicals as per local regulations a plus
- Driven to achieve the highest quality in daily work
- Multi-tasking ability and quick response to frequent priority shifts
- Organized, detail-oriented and trustworthy
- Proactive and self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Forklift license is preferred
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 20 days of accrued paid time off annually
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
How to apply
- Please be sure to carefully review the above job description first and also check out our website and media in order to get an introductory overview of Infarm
- Submit your CV/resume and any additional documents in English
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No applications will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging
We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together.
Infarm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Infarm does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, provincial or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Infarm also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Your health and ours are very important to us! In times of COVID-19, we have fully adapted and digitized our application process so we can continue to be there for our applicants. Stay healthy!
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.