Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
The Regional Maintenance Manager in North America is responsible for the Maintenance Team’s structuring of the entire region. The Regional Maintenance Manager will assist in the recruitment process, training and providing technical support for each Maintenance Technician. The Regional Manager will identify, report and solve issues within the respective region. The Regional will create and define workflows and schedules for the maintenance team(s) in the respective region. This role will be responsible for all North American locations. As Infarm grows the regional responsibilities may be adjusted.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Supports and supervises farm activation after unit installation.
- Provide support to local teams to solve any technical problems that might arise in the farm units.
- Conduct weekly meetings with local teams within the region in order to support and monitor progress.
- Train all new Maintenance Technicians within the region, conduct additional training periodically.
- Collaborate with the People Team to support the hiring process of new Maintenance Technicians for each team within the region.
- Create and define workflows and schedules for new Maintenance teams using AirTable and other tools.
- Serve as the main point of contact for any maintenance related issues for departments such as Supply Chain, Expansion, Operations, and other stakeholders.
- Act as the final escalation point in the region for unchecked alerts and issues in OpsGenie alerting system.
- Manages projects for the Global Crop Operations team.
- Coordinate and create synergies with the European teams, providing continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Keeps up-to-date records on the company database (Confluence).
- Assists with the development of the Maintenance Training Program.
- Support the NA installation team to ensure all optimal function of all farming units.
- Responsible for leading retrofit projects on farming systems.
- Assists with the development of farm maintenance procedures adaptations of European procedures to North American standards.
- Responsible for documentation of current processes and continually working to increase efficiencies within these processes.
- Provide technical support in your region via Jira ticketing system.
- Domestic and/or international travel as needed by car or airplane.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience in maintenance, facilities management, or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience working with mechanics, electric is required. Hydroponics, and IOT systems a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new software tools and technology.
- Experience in leading, developing and coordinating teams.
- Ability to develop, implement, problem solve and manage new processes.
- Electrician certification is a plus.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees.
- 19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays.
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions.
- Fresh herbs to take home.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.