Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
The Regional Plant Expert analyzes plants, compiles reports, interprets data or observations, and/or makes decisions based on the facts and circumstances of a particular situation. Documents for regulatory and licensing requirements. This role will be responsible for all North American locations. As Infarm grows the regional responsibilities may be adjusted. During the expansion period, the Regional Plant Expert will be temporarily fulfilling the duties of a city Plant Expert.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Ensure success of plant growth across all regional hydroponic farming hubs by developing, following and applying company established protocols and procedures as documented in global crop operations manuals and playbooks.
- Provide and suggest solutions to other hubs related to plant health, maximize crop productivity and meet crop quality parameters set by Infarm.
- Draft or compile, review and analyze weekly reports from other hubs on Confluence.
- Serve as highest authority in the region for any changes in hydroponic farms for climate, temperature, airflow, pH, and all related issues pertaining to protocols and recipes on Farmboard.
- Coordinate and create synergies with the European teams, providing continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Be in contact with relevant plant-related professionals (ex. beneficial suppliers, research organizations, etc.)
- Occasionally travel domestically and internationally in support of Infarm's business.
- Collaborate with the People Team to support the hiring process of new Plant Experts for each team within the region.
- Oversee Nursery, Hub, and In-Store production to ensure crops are to Infarm’s quality standards.
- Identify harvest performance issues, seeding and planting issues, maintenance and supply, and forecasting.
- Ensure indoor vertical hydroponic farm protocol is followed, organize and schedule growers, implement actions to meet harvest targets.
- Occasionally drive to in store and hub locations to check on plant health.
- Work on documentation for licensing and regulatory requirements in support of Global GAP Certification.
- Provide input regarding performance of team members as related to plant health and processes.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in conventional growing systems, hydroponic growing systems preferred.
- Hands on commercial farming within indoor facilities and greenhouses.
- Experience in working with regulatory systems and documentation.
- Problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues, sales people and consultants and managers.
- Skill to convey information and techniques clearly and concisely verbally and in writing in English.
- Able to identify and diagnose nutrient deficiencies and toxicities, EC/pH interactions.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car.
The position is initially based in Mississauga for the short term and long term will be based in our Plant Hub in Hamilton, Ontario.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming.
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees.
- 19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays.
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions.
- Fresh herbs to take home.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.