Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe sustainability, diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
Making an impact
The Infarm Communications Team is part of Infarm’s Impact Organization which is led by Infarm’s Chief Impact Officer. Impact @ Infarm aligns efforts across the company to influence the way we as a society think about the modern food system while striving to create positive and meaningful change.
By championing Infarm’s vision, products, services and values; creating industry partnerships to multiply impact; and communicating the health, sustainability and environmental benefits of our approach to urban farming, all the while engaging the Infarmers globally in the fast-paced journey, the Impact organization is Infarm’s global voice to spark (r)evolution across the global industry that manages the growth and regulation of our modern agricultural system.
As part of the Infarm Communications Team, your role is to help shape and share the narratives of Infarm’s revolutionary vision for building a new food system, and the benefits of the Infarm approach to urban farming with journalists -- and through journalists, to consumer, business, NGO and government audiences in the markets in which we operate around the world.
Equal parts press strategist, media trainer, executive advisor, spokesperson and brand carrier, you’ll build trusted relationships across Infarm to generate opportunities for news stories that educate and inform, while positioning Infarm at the forefront of sustainability. You’ll also work closely with Infarm executives to draw out messages to establish your spokespersons as thought-leaders in their markets and drivers of positive change across the industry.
We are looking for a hands-on and organized Communications Manager to:
- Identify and leverage opportunities to build and share narratives of Infarm’s vision for building a healthier, more sustainable, and more ethical food system;
- Develop press strategies to increase awareness across consumer, business, tech, and government audiences within your local and/or regional market;
- Work closely with Infarm spokespersons to create and drive thought-leadership around catalyzing a sustainable transformation in our food system;
- Develop partnerships with media organizations to drive regular segments of earned and paid coverage, increase brand awareness among key consumer, business, tech, and government audiences;
- Collaborate within the broader Marketing team to leverage digital content, social media and in-person events to build awareness around Infarm’s consumer brand among consumer media;
- Develop, adapt and localize talking points, blog posts, briefing documents and other messaging collateral to drive communications with local and regional press;
- Act as a spokesperson and press contact as needed;
- Vet and support speaker opportunities for Infarm local and/or regional spokespersons;
- Track regular coverage and media-related KPIs;
- Build a library of press ready/consumer-friendly, educational content, b-roll, photography and video for TV and our blog in Japanese;
- Write and translate PR-related content in English and Japanese as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an external communications role in Japan
- Comfortable working with PR agencies and/or third-party vendors
- Proactive, attentive and able to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and independently
- You love working in close collaboration across multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written level of Japanese and English
- You read job applications completely and show it by writing “I love Basil” in your application letter.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.