Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Maintenance/Installation Specialist, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms both at our plant hub and our customer locations across Vancouver. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure both the physical farm itself and the software are working correctly. You will also work as part of the Installation team responsible for managing the successful installation and testing of infarm’s unique farm systems at our clients’ locations, from local venues to large scale international roll-outs. The Installation team travels extensively to keep up with infarm’s ambitious expansion plans in Canada and the US.
Practical maintenance experience is required as you’ll be solving a variety of technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. You’ll also need to combine this, with great communication skills and the basic skills to maintain the smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms. Previous software/coding skills are not required as training will be provided.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Conduct and successfully complete farm installations on client’s site according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Complete installation reports and document issues through a number of online tools
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub on bi-weekly basis
- Work with chemicals to mix fertilizer and pH regulating solutions as needed
- As part of our infarm team, you will work closely with our infarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Strong practical maintenance skills including with both electrical and plumbing components
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada and the US
- Valid driver’s license as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.