Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are:
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people.
The Operational Excellence team contributes to that mission by growing a worldwide network of engaged Infarmers (employees, partners, citizens, influencers) who want to enjoy the goodness of super fresh produce while growing a new food system together.
As Infarm's Junior Industrial Engineer you will support and optimize the development of our plant production operations. You will work closely with our R&D, Operations & Architecture teams in order to develop and document scalable production processes for infarm’s vertical urban farming network. You will document these processes to develop user manuals used by our Academy and shared over our global operations worldwide.
- Develop & document efficient operational workflows for our large scale farming operations
- Support in designing the layout & workstations standards to achieve maximum space & operational efficiency
- Support in operational tools sourcing.
- Set up ergonomic standards regarding hardware and software use within the operation alongside with the Product Design team
- Run & document usability testing for new workflow implementation
- Provide manpower requirements estimation.
- Perform time study & workflow analysis in order to drive efficiency
- Collaborate with our relevant teams regarding production & labour costs
- Collaborate and follow up on workflow training and implementation with our Academy team
- Establish QA processes ensuring the right implementation of the guidelines in all Infarm locations.
- Min 2 years of experience with Bachelors/Masters degree in Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Industry knowledge or experience is a plus: Food industry (processing, preparation, packing, etc), large greenhouse operations, semi automated food factory environment
- Practical knowledge of performing time study, workflow development and using Lean Six Sigma tools in a highly complex & dynamic environment
- Should optimally be able to present to us a successful past case study document, laying down their operation process, challenges faced, solution adopted, and general efficiency gained
- Fluent work communication proficiency in English is a must. German is a plus.
- Google suite (sheet/slide/doc/drive)
- Confluence & jira is highly appreciated
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket (when located in Berlin)
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!