Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As Business Operations Manager you directly contribute to the success of Infarm's Farming-as-a-Service business model. You have proven experience scaling operations in high-growth, startup environments and are ready for the next step in your career. You eat KPIs for breakfast, enjoy being involved in the day-to-day operations, have a natural leadership ability and have built out multi-disciplinary teams.
You will lead the Infarm team on the ground in our Seattle Plant Hub, taking on key projects to ensure a successful phased expansion as well as improve harvest performance and productivity. You are a creative-thinker and problem-solver looking to drive results.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Lead the Infarm Plant Hub team in Seattle consisting of operations planning, employee scheduling, stock management, budgeting and ultimately being responsible for meeting KPIs for this location
- Oversee plant production and nursery operations planning, providing your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Lead metrics meetings for operational KPIs and create monthly improvement plans
- Manage projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
- Work closely with the Infarm Talent Attraction Team to hire a highly efficient team
- Hire, develop, coach, train, discipline, and terminate employees as needed working with the People Team
- Ensure the success of your team through employee performance reviews and coaching
- Maintain a healthy, safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Oversee regional client relationships and ensures overall satisfaction with optimal relationship growth
- Ensure regional high-level success in terms of consistent conversation rates, commercial expansion, and team satisfaction
The position will begin in our current Seattle Plant Hub in the Georgetown area and will be relocating to Everett long term.
- Bachelor's degree along with 5+ years of operations experience which includes 2-3+ years of management experience in a high-growth, startup environment required
- Experience with building up operations from the ground up, ideally in a startup or tech company
- Experience with hiring, growing and managing large, multi-disciplinary teams of 10+ employees
- Skilled in creating and optimizing processes to improve workflow and safety
- Excellent time management, efficiency, and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about cultivating and sustaining an amazing work environment
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 19 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.