Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
As a Facility Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Infarm’s newest farming systems at our plant hub and act as a general “handyman” for hub-related technical problems. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure smooth operations and that software is working correctly. Furthermore, you will supervise the chemicals and fertilizer supply for operations.
As we are introducing new farming systems and technology to our new Infarm Growing Centers, we are on the outlook for a Facility Technician who is energised by challenges and has practical maintenance experience preferably within a hydroponic or agricultural context.
- Fulfill the standby duty for monitoring of Hub`s production systems (hydroponic farms, sub-systems, growing chambers, DC blocks, automation machines when applicable). Weekend on Call Duty is possible
- Act as the contact person for external maintenance teams of suppliers in case of major maintenance issues
- Execute first-response-maintenance in and around the Hub guaranteeing technical functionality and solve any technical problems that may arise with different Hub systems
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Plan, supervise and execute fertilizer & pH regulators mixing and supply for the Hub’s plant production
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Good practical maintenance skills both electrical and plumbing preferably within a hydroponic or agricultural context
- Valid driver’s license as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms
- Flexible with a proactive attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- A generous vacation package
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.