At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
This is a truly unique learning role as it combines a global context with both the development of broad learning content with technology for skills that exist mostly within Infarm and nowhere else.
The academy is a principle learning platform and product for the FaaS (Farming As A Service) business developing content, course and learning experience that enable infarm to develop people into Urban farmers today and into the future.
We already have a base, now we need to develop it so we can scale it, not just in the continual development of learning and training content but also the ability to leverage technology to deliver (and measure the success of ) training and learning experiences to a deployed global and rapidly growing workforce.
The Academy is a centre of excellence, it’s also a local resource and ultimately a technology product that is absolutely critical to the scaling of Urban farming.
- Reporting to the SVP People you’ll partner with FaaS leadership, Tech, R&D and business founders to develop and deliver on the strategic vision for the Academy team, content and product
- Full responsibility for the development and deliver or all learning content and experience, you’ll craft accessible world class content and deliver to FaaS employees learning experiences that enable rapid growth, skills and capability
- Full responsibility for the selection/develop or an LMS/Learning Platform ensuring the best technical platform to deliver key academy services to a highly distributed employee base often working in farm/factory settings
- Grow and lead the academy team combining a mixture of learning and development specialist with FaaS subject matter experts to bring together infarms proprietary Urban farming expertise with best-in-class methodologies
- Build a network of subject matter experts creating learning content into the Academy structure whether technology or in field base trainings & ongoing learning experiences
- You’ll inspire your team to break the mold and experiment to deliver new and fresh approaches that meet the content needs of the business which needs to operate with speed and agility
- As part of the People Leadership team you partner with peers to work on cross functional projects and support the development of the wider people team
- You’ll lead by example and you’ll get your hands dirty - this is a strategic role, but you too will develop content and get into the detail next to your team to deliver on key objectives - there are no ivory towers in Infarm.
- Proven experience leading a learning function in a global organisation or leading development and management of scalable learning platform products
- Expert knowledge of learning technologies, including but not limited to LMS
- You’ll be a entrepreneur at heart able to shape your product to your customers needs and support the growth of the business in driving revenues
- Proven leadership experience managing and developing teams, facilitating the development of talent for your organization
- Strong project management experience with knowledge of methodologies for technical & content development
- Flexible approach and growth mindset
- Highly collaborative, able to work with colleague at all levels of the organization with the same approach, commitment and attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring that any product that leaves you team is world-class
- Self-reliant and collaborative way of working, high level of independency
- Fully business fluency in both English and German
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday beers!