At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter who is able to thrive in an early stage start-up environment to build, establish and execute the end to end supply chain, logistics, procurement and in the US and Canadian markets. You will be in charge of building a team to carry out the following responsibilities: identifying suppliers, negotiating, buying, placement and delivery of purchase orders, warehouse management, inbound and outbound deliveries, arranging transportation and overseeing the timely delivery of materials needed to fulfill customer orders.
This role will require you to be extremely hands-on, organized, able to cope well under pressure and have a passion for supply chain. You will report directly to the VP of Operations of the US and Canada, ensuring a successful launch of the company and smooth operations post-launch.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with suppliers and carriers
- Lead material requirement planning and drive flexible, responsive and innovative supply chain processes in the US and Canadian markets
- Accountable for building out and managing warehouses working with leads throughout the US and Canada and replenishing customer locations as needed
- Key member in executing Infarm’s growth strategy in North America
- Create and deliver on key Supply Chain KPIs and monitor them on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with export and import regulations between US and Canada
- Coordinate with Inventory Coordinators based remotely for all inbound and outbound traffic, consignments tracking including imports and customs, ensuring that these are conducted in the most efficient way
- 5+ years of experience managing end-to-end supply chain, logistics, warehouse management, procurement and material planning
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or proven equivalent
- Expertise in handling suppliers, inventory keeping, warehousing and transportation
- Experience building teams, developing talents and managing them remotely ideally in a retail or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Driven to achieve the highest quality in daily work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Organized, detail-oriented and trustworthy
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to work under stress
- Ability to travel a few times within a month is required
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 19 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in and strive to grow an inclusive environment focused on promoting mutual respect. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.