About the Company:
Industrious is a premium workplace platform and coworking solution. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that makes people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and over $62 million of funding to date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we continue to scale our network across the US.
All of this is driven by our amazing team. Here’s a quote from our most recent team survey: “I've never worked with a team of such smart, engaged, kind, empathetic people before. I am always proud and excited to work with our team and to help my teammates grow. Industrious' culture is welcoming, encouraging, and fun, making me feel appreciated as an employee and part of a tight-knit team.”
About the Role:
You will work as part of a lean team and be responsible for completing various operational finance tasks in relation to accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries and bank reconciliations. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and have broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with the various business segments to ensure all transactions are booked in a timely and accurate manner. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
You’ll be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. Your work will impact the experience that thousands of members have on a daily basis as they come to work in our various locations.
The role is based in Brooklyn, New York and reports directly to the Controller.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
- Perform day to day accounting operations, including the preparation of:
- Journal entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Manage customer billing, A/R and revenue recognition
- Manage vendor invoices, A/P and expense recognition
- Oversee all accounting and transactions for a set number of properties
- Complete monthly variance analysis (actual vs. budget)
- Recommend process improvements to the Controller
- File 1099’s and update W-9’s as needed
- Perform any ad hoc requests as they come up
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with 2+ years of direct experience in the field
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with complex legal structures and intercompany transactions a plus
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extremely strong attention to detail and exceptionally organized
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious Blog
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- TechCrunch: Industrious buys PivotDesk, raises $25M to be WeWork without startup bros
- Forbes: The Industrious Formula for Productive Coworking Spaces