About the Company:
Industrious is the nation's leading provider of premium co-working and flexible office space. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that make people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and over $75 million of funding to date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we scale our network to over 75+ locations across the US.
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be starting with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. A huge part of Industrious’ growth comes from launching new locations. Your role as an elite market launcher is to own this process from beginning to end, ensuring that we open strong, provide a top notch Industrious experience to our members from day 1, and build local teams that can lead our locations into the future.
The majority of your day-to-day will be focused on local marketing and sales: serving as our ambassador; planning, building, and executing integrated marketing plans for your city; and converting the interest you generate into new members joining Industrious. This includes everything from mapping out how you’ll create awareness about Industrious to building partnerships with local businesses and influencers, hosting and attending networking events, giving tours that showcase our spaces, and closing sales with personalized and thoughtful attention.
You will also mentor and manage new community managers, the leaders of each of our locations, who will look to you to polish the skills they’ve learned in training and make sure each location opens with excellence and the Industrious touch.
This role is mission-critical at Industrious and requires someone who is excited about the opportunity to build from scratch and loves the day-to-day quest for tangible results that contribute to our overall customer experience and business success. The role can be based from anywhere in the U.S., with a preference for a major airport hub where Industrious has a location. This role will involve 95% travel during the business week.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You have proven local marketing experience launching something: you know what it’s like to land in a new place, learn up on the local community, and get to work. You know how to find people and organizations that matter and how to convert those relationships into awareness and leads. You have tons of creative ideas for local marketing and activation.
- You love making a sale: you really enjoy sharing a product you care about with people who might benefit from it. You have a knack for educating others and getting them excited about a new concept. Your instincts for understanding others’ needs, your excellent communication skills, and your tenacity combine to make you a great salesperson.
- You have an ability to connect: Customers, partners and our community managers are what make this business run. You have the charisma to serve as the face of our business and are as comfortable discussing membership opportunities with senior business leaders as you are coaching a new community manager on the nuances of our sales process or influencing one of our broker partners. We are founded on a principle of hospitality, and you are able to imbue that into your everyday interactions.
- You are an energetic, creative, go-getter with excellent judgement under pressure: The challenges you will face when launching a market are massive, varied and constant. You might find yourself opening as the same time as a competitor who is giving away office space, or having to manage our founding members’ expectations with a construction permit delay. As a Launcher, you need to thrive in situations where you’re solving problems no one has solved before, especially when it’s on you to solve them quickly and with judgement that reflects Industrious’ values
- You have a track record of getting things done, and you get energy from juggling many balls at once:Ownership and execution are critical to success in this role. From a process standpoint, you’re someone who prioritizes your day, and who looks ahead at the big picture. You quickly identify risks and areas for improvement and act nimbly for improved results.
- You are excited about a busy travel schedule: Launchers will spend a lot of time away from home, in cities they haven’t necessarily been to before. This is a job for someone who is excited to go to new places, often on very little notice; someone willing and able to truly immerse themselves in a new city and a new set of challenges, quickly and deeply.
- You have been responsible for starting something from scratch or launching something before - a team, a product, a service
- You have consistently hit sales targets in your past roles
- You are a team player who is motivated by the success of others
- You are flexible to travel a majority of the time
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems To Think So
- From Jamie, our CEO: The Tension that Defines us: Some Thoughts on the Future of Work
- TechCrunch: Industrious buys PivotDesk, raises $25M to be WeWork without startup bros
- Forbes: The Industrious Formula For Productive Coworking Spaces