Industrious is the nation's leading provider of premium co-working and flexible office space. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that make people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and over $75 million of funding to date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we scale our network to over 75+ locations across the US.
All of this is driven by our amazing team. Here’s a quote from our most recent employee survey: “I've never worked with a team of such smart, engaged, kind, empathetic people before. I am always proud and excited to work with our team and to help my teammates grow. Industrious' culture is welcoming, encouraging, and fun, making me feel appreciated as an employee and part of a tight-knit team.”
In late 2017, Industrious launched a new digital real estate marketplace called Central. Central is the place to find sophisticated, flexible office space. This is a unique moment in time to join a team operating with the creativity and pace of a startup and the reach and experience of a growth stage company.
About the Role
Central is nothing without amazing office spaces in the spotlight. As our Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing the best inventory for our marketplace and helping us build our sales process from the ground up. Your success will not solely be measured by individual deals won, but also your ability to be a trusted advisor in the CRE community and to create lasting partnerships with major landlords. This role is based in New York, NY and will work closely with Central's General Manager and Industrious’ Head of Real Estate Portfolio.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You have built a sales process from the ground up
- You have a track record of winning deals that involve long negotiation cycles
- You can tailor your conversations to a wide range of customer types and situations
- You can manage partnerships with large, national landlords
- You are equally good at interfacing with clients as you are with internal team members
- You are empathetic, patient, and a good listener
- You have worked in a startup environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have experience and a network in the CRE community
- Establish relationships with landlords, brokerages, coworking companies, exec suite operators, listing platforms, asset managers, property managers, and tenants to get inventory for our marketplace.
- Work with marketing, product, and customer success teams to drive supplier acquisition and retention across the business.
- Hone our pitch, create feedback loops between the market and the business, and help create new sales processes.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the news