About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the years ahead is to build off our exceptional business and team fundamentals, to aggressively grow our network, and become landlords’ partner of choice for all flexible commercial uses.
In this key executive role, you will lead the Corporate Development team, which is responsible for: Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets/Fundraising, Investor Communications, and select Strategic Initiatives. In particular, the Corporate Development team is responsible for negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions (and partnerships / alliances).
In addition, the SVP Corporate Development is responsible for implementing capital markets and financial management strategies, which includes leading equity (and debt) fundraising (via private and public markets), and leading investor relations. Managing key external relationships (e.g., investment banks, existing investors, potential future investors, potential M&A acquisitions, etc.) is a key component to this role.
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and partner with executives and senior leaders across the company (including the CEO).
This position is based in New York City.
As SVP, Corporate Development, you will:
- Lead the entire acquisition (Corp Dev) process
- Support the company’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers and acquisitions
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process
- Lead the company’s industry engagement and deal/investment relationships with Investment Banking firms. Serve as the primary Industrious interface with potential acquisitions
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, operations and other functions to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Conduct analysis (and due diligence) of potential acquisitions
- Prepare proposals and negotiate terms
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized
- Lead the Capital Markets process
- Lead the equity (and debt) fundraising process (including identifying potential investors, preparing investor presentations, leading negotiations with investors, etc.)
- Lead the preparation of external communications to the financial community, such as road show presentations
- Work with the CEO and CFO in cost-effectively financing the Company’s growth needs
- Lead special projects/assignments as directed by the CFO
- Lead the creation of presentation materials to communicate recommendations to Industrious executives and Board of Directors
- Build high-performance culture and manage teams to be best-in-class, analytically driven organization.
- 15+ years of transaction experience in Corporate Development or M&A at a Corporation or Investment Bank
- Experience with Capital Markets (i.e. equity fundraising) for high-growth companies; Experience working with and communicating to potential and current investors
- Prefer experience within (and knowledge of) Co-Working Office / Real Estate / Property Tech industry.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Significant experience in leading teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution and integration
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with
multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced culture; ability and willingness to dive into details.
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, with a team-oriented and collaborative style
- MBA preferred (from top-tier institution)
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche