About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
As the Transaction Services (TS) Senior Accountant, you will work as part of a lean team and be responsible for completing various operational finance tasks in relation to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash, prepaids, journal entries and financial reporting. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and have broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with the various business segments to ensure all transactions are booked in a timely and accurate manner. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
You’ll be part of an elite team, enjoy unrivaled responsibility and drive outsized impact. Your work will impact the experience that thousands of members have on a daily basis as they come to work in our various locations.
The role is based in New York City and will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, TS.
- Participate in the month-end close process and complete Bank Reconciliations for certain entities.
- Assist in researching old variances on the Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries to be reviewed by Senior Accounting Manager (Stripe Fees, Utilities Accruals, Payroll, Prepaids, etc.)
- Assist with Accounts Receivable balance sheet reconciliation between Zuora and NetSuite
- Assist with Accounts Payable Aging clean-up and Asana task list reviews.
- Work with the AP team to gather 1099’s from vendors.
- Maintain listing of insurance policies and prepare monthly entries for prepaid insurance
- Assist with escheatment reporting and filing
- Provide leadership to the accounting operations and financial reporting function by helping to build, streamline, automate and continuously improve processes and controls.
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the department in accurately processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide support to the Senior Accounting Manager and Assistant Controller, as needed
- Support audit engagements, including providing supporting documentation.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in special projects, system enhancements, or ad hoc analyses, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of direct experience in accounting related functions
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with real estate accounting or intercompany transactions is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with management, vendors, colleagues and members
- Strong analytical disposition with high attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills set
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche