About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
The Partner Relations Team at Industrious straddles the line between Real Estate and Sales as brokers help companies navigate their real estate portfolio strategies in a rapidly evolving landscape. Through our Listing Team program, we work closely with brokerage teams from a variety of the world’s leading commercial real estate brokerages to build brand awareness amongst local brokers and to make sure Industrious is positioned in front of all relevant opportunities in that market. The Broker Relations Manager plays an integral role in this program, overseeing team performance across a wide region of key Industrious markets. You’ll be responsible for supporting and maintaining existing Listing Teams and for launching Listing Teams in new markets.
You will work with brokers to maximize Industrious’ exposure and reach in various commercial real estate channels and will help drive broker-led deals for high growth and enterprise customers. Your leadership will be crucial as we deepen our relationships with the brokerage community as brokers adapt and evolve to provide flexible workplace-as-a-service options to their clients around the country.
You might spend the day:
- Supporting brokers on key negotiation points to close high profile sales
- Running meetings with multiple Listing Teams to discuss sales performance and to develop market intelligence that will inform key company decisions
- Providing proposal support to help move deals through the funnel
- Collaborating with colleagues across a variety of teams, including Real Estate, Landlord Partnerships, Marketing, Unit Operations, Digital, Sales Operations, and National Accounts
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team in the early stages of its stand-up in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. This role can be out of any Industrious regional office, or fully remote. The expectation is that you will be working with brokers largely based in Pacific and Mountain time zones.
As a Broker Relations Manager, you will:
- Directly manage 5-10 Listing Teams, each comprised of 2-3+ CRE professionals, to deliver on sales targets
- Obtain market reports and tenant information from brokers in assigned territory, and synthesize the information to help guide cross-team collaboration and potential growth opportunities
- Identify, interview, hire, and train Listing Teams in new markets as the program continues to expand
- Identify cross-functional process improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with a wide cross-section of colleagues to ensure the Listing Teams have the support and materials they need to be effective in their markets
You are a great fit for this role if:
- Direct experience working in commercial real estate is strongly preferred, particularly as a broker or in a sales-oriented role
- You are comfortable with numbers and have have a working knowledge of common commercial real estate terms, including common pricing and measurement methods
- You have demonstrated experience driving against goals while navigating really complex, ambiguous situations
- You are a self-starter who is able to push things forward independently, with a knack for knowing when to bring the right people into the conversation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an entrepreneurial mindset and spirit (you may need to help create the playbook - if you require an existing playbook and detailed list of instructions for every situation, this role might not be for you)
- Understand that no administrative task is too small - we sweat the details and require team members to roll up their sleeves and do the same
- You thrive on the hustle and understand that to brokers, coffee is for closers (or at least get the reference)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to your Listing Team markets and to key commercial real estate events
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche