About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
Industrious is building a range of products and services that solve the needs of large commercial landlords. One such product is to deliver event programming and manage amenities for the office tenants of entire buildings, in partnership with the building landlord. This is a critical part of our longer-term competitive strategy, and an important product for a different kind of customer.
Our Building Experience Associates are the heart of our plans to redefine the tenant experience. You’re the smiling face tenants see when they walk in the building in the morning, attend a meeting in the conference rooms or are grabbing an espresso from the cafe. Tenants will rely on you to remind them of the day’s lunch and learn, show their guests to a boardroom and wish them a fond farewell after their yoga class. You’re looking for a role where you can develop your professional skills, dip your toe into sales and marketing and a chance to flex your creative muscles. You eagerly help your Community Manager and Conference Managers execute thoughtful events and have a voice in evaluating tenant feedback. You’re proactive and take ownership over managing inventory, ordering your location’s supplies and building relationships with our vendors. You love to work with your hands and see the physical results. Your thoughtful conversation and care will strengthen bonds between tenants in our community. You love to jump in and help.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verbally addressing each person who enters the amenity space reception area
- Conducting morning walk-thus and reporting deficiencies
- Ordering and restocking any common area consumables
- Fulfilling light concierge services
- Providing wayfinding and visitor management services
- Assisting Conferencing Manager with site tours and room flips
- Knowing all the events occurring in all spaces on a given day (including the restaurants and gym) as to be able to speak and promote them confidently
- Providing support to Community Manager in curating community events including ideation and promotion
- Assisting in resolving tenant issues with professionalism and patience
- Tracking tenant notes and preferences so we can personalize their experiences
- Being a hospitality ambassador by showing adherence to the steps of service and leading by example.
- Showing extreme empathy to your team members, tenants and their guests.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- You can confidently and effectively communicate with all types of clients and colleagues, especially in the NYC professional environment.
- You’re curious. You ask thoughtful questions that develop your skill set to operate more efficiently and independently.
- You value team collaboration over individual performance.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and naturally take initiative to drive projects forward, while maintaining an organized list of priorities.
- You see difficult moments as opportunities for personal and professional growth, and feel comfortable facing challenges head on, especially with high touch clientele.
- You have experience in operations and/or event planning and are able to develop a creative concept for projects and execute them purposefully.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche