About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
- Manage and iterate on the international Industrious library of product guidelines and standards, focusing on translating product frameworks into actionable and buildable guidelines to support global growth.
- Ensure that Industrious product standards and guidelines are followed in design decision-making by internal and external teams, supporting Design Managers in managing the quality of vendor outputs per the established guidelines and standards.
- Lead both team and cross-functional initiatives that reinforce business objectives
- Train and coach internal and external team members in use of guidelines and standards, industry best practices, use of design technology, and process improvements.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners, including Construction, Pre-Construction, Real Estate, Facilities, Unit and Network Operations, among others
- Push for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for us to be more effective in our processes and workflows - either by doing things differently or by doing the same things more efficiently
- Improve the modern workplace through research - identifying design ideas, trends, and new product specifications to evolve our design standards and innovate our physical workplace products
- Provide leadership in development of our design vision, strategy, and operational execution
- Build a positive culture on our growing team and have significant input to our design vision, strategy, and execution
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in architecture, interior design, or a related field. Strong preference for candidates with 1+ years experience working with design standards on branded environment / commercial interior projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit. Skills in SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a plus
- Passion for research, iteration, and innovation of the built environment - ability to strategically synthesize customer insights and internal data to propose solutions which improve customer experience
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively engage in a virtual environment with a widely distributed team
- Commitment to modeling Industrious values of integrity, teamwork, and ownership day to day
- Ability to occasionally travel within the US
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche