About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
As a Manager of Landlord Partnerships, you will support, maintain and monitor the health of a portion of Industrious’ growing portfolio of landlord partnerships by cultivating owner relationships and monitoring portfolio performance. You will support 20+ landlord relationships to understand their reporting, to develop annual budgets, and manage day-to-day cross-functional coordination. You will also work closely with the Senior Manager of Landlord Partnerships and the Director of Real Estate Strategy to identify ways to improve the operations of the business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing team in the early stages of its stand-up in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has experience with asset management, partner relations, commercial real estate, managing a team, and a strong work ethic.
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Landlord Partnerships, and be out of the NYC HQ, the Atlanta regional office, or fully remote.
- Drive and maintain strong ongoing owner relationships for 20+ landlord accounts
- Identify cross-functional process improvement opportunities
- Coordinate among external and internal cross-functional teams to successfully onboard negotiated agreements
- Support and execute landlord portfolio strategies to support Unit Ops in existing locations
- Take ownership in identifying major opportunity areas in the existing process and developing tools that streamline for the short term
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, property managers and internal stakeholders (incl. Design, Construction, Legal and Launch), to ensure all parties are meeting obligations and identifying / mitigating risks and potential issues
- Support lease and management contract extensions, re-ups and terminations within the existing portfolio
- Work with Finance and Unit Ops on the creation and ongoing maintenance of location specific annual budgeting, reforecasting and financial reporting reviews
- Monitor performance, investment thresholds and financial obligations across the portfolio of assets through the lifecycle of deals, including capital improvements
- Conduct project level analysis to ensure proforma metrics are met; identify any systemic business issues and propose and execute strong solutions
- 5+years of related professional experience, with at least 1 - 2 years of experience in an asset management role and 1 - 2 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, finance, owner relations)
- Strong financial reporting, process improvement, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of building a successful reporting framework, maintaining financial and legal obligations of a portfolio of assets, and building and maintaining relationships with owners and related parties
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willing to roll up your sleeves, this is an individual contributor role
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche