About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
Industrious is excited to be working with key external partners to open a 100,000 square foot facility at One Penn Plaza. The space will be 80,000 square feet of flexible office space and 20,000 square feet of conference and event space across 3 floors. This is unquestionably our largest, most complex, and exciting project to date!
The Conference Center Experience Manager will serve as the first point of contact to welcome tenants, members and visitors at the Penn 1 Conference Center. You will lead the overall customer experience of the conference center to ensure that the range of services and the quality of the experience puts the guests first. The Conference Center should feel like an amenity to the tenants and the manager should hire and lead staff to deliver a consistent journey and experience across the campus to tenants, customers and visitors alike. The main responsibilities of the Conference Center Experience Manager will be to hire and manage the front of house staff which at scale will reach up to 6 team members, site management, amenity booking process, space curation, customer service and access management.
Prior to the center opening you will play a key role in project managing the development of what this seamless experience will be, including partnering with key stakeholders. You will work directly with the head of the full Campus as well as senior leaders involved in the project. In the future, working in collaboration with sales stakeholders and a future Events Manager, will be a key responsibility when operating towards pre determined sales metrics.
- Maintain the conference area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Receive deliveries; take inventory of supplies and restock as needed.
- Assist in the daily conference operations, keeping detailed tracker and accurate records of requests and important events.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Work with our App and Conference Center Software. Collaborate with Area Manager and IT to update functionality.
- Monitor guests usage of all the open spaces to ensure that behavior is in keeping with ‘house rules’ that will be jointly developed.
Service & Experience
- Consistently deliver a premium meeting and event experience
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner and answer any questions visitors have and assist with special requests.
- Intermittent, scheduled roving presence across the conference space
- Engagement with and service of customers as requires, continuously developing deeper more personalized relationships while ensuring a positive experience at all times
- Adapt to changes and evolving responsibilities.
Meeting rooms & Amenity Bookings and Access
- Collate utilisation data from time to time as directed by the Landlord. The reporting framework and methodology is to be agreed.
- Proactive management of all bookable amenity spaces through a bookings system
- Your team will be responsible for ensuring the facilities and customer behavior are always in keeping with a premium offering
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- High touch, world class hospitality is second nature to you
- If you have experience with conferencing and events, hospitality, and/or high touch sales processes
- You’re a self starter and you’re not afraid of ambiguity. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and love to build things from the ground up. There’s a lot we still don’t know about this project!
- You enjoy thinking about and developing systems and processes that will help us deliver a seamless experience to our customers
- You’re excited about acting as a property brand ambassador for this new conferencing experience.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche