About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
As a Construction Manager of Special Projects at Industrious, you will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of commercial interior projects from product ideation through construction and closeout. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for businesses around the world.
Product Development at Industrious is about bringing new workplace solutions to the market for occupiers and building owners. The workplace solutions that make up the Industrious platform include three key components: physical workspaces, services, and digital tools. The Construction Manager will be responsible for ensuring that projects in development meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals all while managing critical relationships and stakeholders. You will oversee project communications and track schedules, review construction drawings and RFIs, build and test new products, evaluate and coordinate building systems, and review and respond to code compliance issues.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, program management experience, and a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of experience in a project management role within the construction or building design industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your project management skills and gain direct exposure into the real estate, design, and hospitality industries from the owner's perspective.
The role may be based in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, or New York and may require travel nationally (once it’s deemed safe to do so).
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Manage all phases of projects, including project kick-off, scheduling, design and construction administration, budgets, and coordinate all internal and external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants of multiple projects at one time.
- Manage and coordinate Product Development projects; evaluating and resolving technical feasibility, design optimization, and delivery issues.
- Monitoring and collecting data from consumers to inform future Product Development efforts.
- Negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process, solicit and level project cost estimates, and manage value engineering strategies
- Lead project team meetings and oversee all project communications - including schedule, budget, meeting minutes, RFIs, submittals, invoices, change orders, punch-lists and all construction related documentation
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, internal and external trackers (related to schedule, budget, and other project data), checklists, SOPs, and templates.
- Work closely with the Product and Workplace Experience teams to establish product execution requirements which result in the successful test and delivery of a new product or feature
- Work closely with design team to communicate and ensure that the design-intent carries throughout the project
- Work closely with the Real Estate and Legal team to ensure all risks and opportunities related to delivery conditions, financial reconciliation, scope, vendor management, schedule, and budget are identified when prior to executing an agreement/lease
- Evaluate internal project management processes and provide upward feedback
- Establishing new processes and minimum viable product to facilitate product scaling
- Frequent communication and collaboration with strategic cross-functional stakeholders and external stakeholders
- At least 5+ years experience; some program management experience preferred
- At least 3 years managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- Product Management experience welcome
- Experience designing & implementing highly cross-functional frameworks of continuous improvement
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience tracking holistic project financials including cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, cost reports and financial reconciliation
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Experience developing and reviewing Architectural and Engineering documents
- Professional Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Procore, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to coordinate efforts between multiple projects, optimizing for delivery of desired results
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision, making sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Highly effective and adaptable communicator with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be empathetic, team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche