About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
Technology is at the heart of re-thinking commercial real estate and, as our Salesforce Engineer, you will play an integral role in shaping how we make our vision a reality.
We're looking for an engineer who is excited about building advanced applications to improve our internal tools, improve the services we deliver to thousands of members, and enable Industrious' operations to scale gracefully. We are looking for someone that thrives in small, focused and highly collaborative teams that is passionate about delivering high-quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll work within our growing systems team and partner with the Product team and other business units to implement suitable technology that aligns with Industrious' overall systems architecture and data strategy. You'll influence key decisions that will build the foundation for our technical products, which will have a lasting impact.
Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience with building customized solutions on the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions, is comfortable both designing an application from the ground up and making small improvements to the code base, and understands that great engineering teams are built upon relationships just as much as they are built on awesome code.
This role can be based in any city with an Industrious location.
As the Salesforce Engineer, you will:
- Partner with business units and Product team to implement suitable solutions on the Salesforce platform, including supporting the development of a member portal and mobile app
- Maintain & execute enhancements to existing systems, without negatively impacting Industrious’ members or employees
- Integrate Salesforce with other core systems (e.g., Netsuite Zuora, Marketo) to streamline business processes and prevent data silos
- Deliver high quality code, in accordance with best practices, and stay up-to-date on best practices
- Future-proof the solutions you deliver by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- Design and implement solutions that reflect your deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a system in production.
- Create test cases, unit-tests and automation scripts.
- Support system administration efforts as needed.
- 2-5 years of experience in Salesforce development
- Strong knowledge of Apex and Lightning UI components (Aura and LWC)
- Ability to create innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision
- Work ethic based on a discipline of clean and maintainable code
- Demonstrated experience with project planning, mapping out major milestones and tactical to-dos required to achieve a goal
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing
- High degree of comfort working in a scrappy, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Netsuite, Marketo, and Salesforce Customer Community is preferred
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche
Industrious is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Industrious believes that diversity is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity of our people. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.