About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
As a Design Manager on our Design & Construction team, you will serve a critical role in delivering outstanding environments for our customers and innovating on the physical products we provide. You will work closely with other Designers and Design Managers, as well as Real Estate and Construction teams to support the company’s growth and development goals for new locations.
We’re looking for a creative self-starter who works comfortably in ambiguous circumstances, proactively seeks solutions to issues, and is excited to have a voice in design and product conversations across the organization.
This role may be based either in New York City or on the West coast.
As a Design Manager, you will:
- Lead the design of projects in Space Planning, SD, DD, Construction Documentation, Construction Administration, and launch phases
- Manage the specification of furniture, accessories, artwork, and greenery on assigned projects
- Ensure that Industrious product standards and guidelines are followed in design decision-making, advocating for both our brand and design vision to landlord partners, while managing the quality of vendor outputs
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners, including Construction, Pre-Construction, Real Estate, Facilities, Unit and Network Operations, among others
- Support the development of both team and cross-functional initiatives that reinforce business objectives
- Push us to continually improve by identifying opportunities for us to be more effective in our processes and workflows - either by doing things differently or by doing the same things more efficiently
- Identify design ideas, trends, and new product specifications to evolve our design standards and innovate our physical workplace products
- Build a positive culture on our growing team and have significant input to our design vision, strategy, and execution
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in architecture, interior design, or a related field, preferably in commercial interiors
- Proficient in AutoCAD and a working knowledge in Revit. Skills in SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a plus
- Proficient in the development of design drawings and ability to redline Construction Documents against industry best practices, ensuring design intent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate design ideas
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively engage in a virtual environment with a widely distributed team
- Commitment to modeling Industrious values of integrity, teamwork, and ownership day to day
- Ability to occasionally travel within the US
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche