About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
- Lead the Test Fit Program, which includes test fit documentation from architects and designers and ensure these are distributed internally along with overall summary and recommendations. Highlight considerations and provide recommendations with respect to local codes, permitting requirements, existing conditions, and the local real estate market.
- Provide and manage information used to inform the Real Estate team’s decision to move forward with a particular location or not, as well as impact underwriting and lease negotiation. This includes identifying impacts to project budget, schedule, design, and product quality.
- Help identify potential risks and provide Real Estate points for discussion with the landlord and / or engage with Landlord partners in initial negotiations and evaluations of Industrious design and programming.
- Communicate risks and opportunities in Investment Committee meetings and represent Design team and Preconstruction team on all space planning and selection questions and considerations.
- Maintain, evaluate and continue to develop due diligence tools and processes and provide upward feedback.
- Ensure that Industrious product standards and guidelines are followed in design decision-making, advocating for both our brand and design vision to landlord partners, while managing the quality of vendor outputs.
- Lead both team and cross-functional initiatives that reinforce business objectives.
- Train and coach other team members, including any direct reports, in various aspects of the job.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners, including Real Estate, Construction, Product, Unit and Network Operations, among others.
- Push us to continually improve by identifying opportunities for us to be more effective in our processes and workflows - either by doing things differently or by doing the same things more efficiently.
- Identify design ideas, trends, and new product specifications to evolve our design standards and innovate our physical workplace products.
- Provide leadership in development of our design vision, strategy, and operational execution.
- Build a positive culture on our growing team and foster purpose, unity, and development through leadership.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in architecture, interior design, or a related field, preferably in commercial interiors
- Proficient in AutoCAD and a working knowledge in Revit. Skills in SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a plus
- Design experience explicitly in space planning or test fitting for commercial office designs
- Understanding of building codes (particularly as they relate to occupancy and egress issues) and ADA
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models
- People management experience, either casually or in formal capacity, a strong plus
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate design ideas and technical information to various audiences
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and multiple vendors
- Ability to effectively engage in a virtual environment with a widely distributed team
- Commitment to modeling Industrious values of integrity, teamwork, and ownership day to day
- Ability to occasionally travel within the US
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche