About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About The Role:
At Industrious, product is everything.
Our product is the experience of our customers, from the moment they learn about us to the day they leave. Our product is the physical design of our spaces, the walls we put up, the breakfast bar in the cafe, the couches in our common areas. Our product is the website people use to find us and the digital tools we provide once they’re a member.
The Digital Group is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our apps, business systems, and analytics in order to elevate the workplace experience and drive business outcomes. And we’re just getting started.
The UI/UX Designer will be responsible for creating a holistic digital experience that works in conjunction with our physical spaces and hospitality services. You will report to the Senior UI/UX Designer, working closely with stakeholders and our agile teams to solve real problems and to deliver the functional, aesthetic, and experiential design for our member portal, mobile app, internal tools, and beyond. As an early member of our team, you will have the opportunity to touch and influence every aspect of product development and innovate on what it means to deliver a great day at work.
Who You Are:
- You are an exceptional designer with significant experience designing for web and mobile. Your strong design fundamentals are evident in all of your work.
- You have great depth in visual and UX design, but your curiosity has led you to pick up skills that span multiple disciplines, such as usability testing or prototyping in code.
- You are a creative problem solver, using insights from customer research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to deliver solutions that directly address customer and business pain points.
- You understand the power of experimentation and can help set up experiments and feedback loops to know whether we delivered the results that we planned for.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a UI/UX design expert as we define new product lines and iterate on existing features, working closely with the tech, product management, and member experience teams to ensure our digital products are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gain a deep understanding of our business and our members to help inform design decisions.
- Deliver intuitive and elegant designs for all stages of digital production, from concept to completion.
- Create deliverables including user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and final visual designs.
- Create and maintain a design system that delivers a consistent and on-brand experience throughout all of our digital products.
- Participate heavily in customer research and usability testing to translate insights into design solutions and push the evolution of our product.
- Help us grow an incredible digital design culture.
- At least 2-4 years designing SaaS or customer-facing products with a strong emphasis on visual and experience design.
- Experience working closely with engineers and product managers.
- Strong understanding of how to conduct user research and usability testing.
- Academic background in Design, HCI, or substantial relevant experience.
- Link to online portfolio that clearly demonstrates the above.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team activities
Industrious in the News:
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche