About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We’re looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We’re excited about having a meaningful impact on people’s workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work. Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
Every company in America right now is asking themselves how they should support employees in a post-COVID world -- what should their office portfolio look like? How should they support employees who want to work closer to home? How do they foster collaboration and culture when their workforce is at least partially remote?
Industrious is the fastest growing workplace-as-a-service business in the US, and as VP of People, you’ll be a core part of the leadership team determining not only how we foster an incredible work experience for our team, but also the products and services we should deliver to our customers to enable them to do the same.
We’re looking for a scrappy, ownership-oriented, and strategic leader for this team, who has a clear perspective on how we should be supporting our people, and is excited to have a voice in product and strategy conversations across the organization. Following a tough year during COVID, this new leader will be responsible for rebuilding the People function from 4 teammates now to roughly 15 by the end of 2021, and ensuring we’re proactively rolling out new initiatives to continue to make Industrious an exceptional place to work.
As VP of People, you will:
- Set the overall people strategy in conjunction with the executive team
- Serve as a member of the management team, bringing the voice of people and HR to broader product and strategy conversations related to our customers
- Drive our employee value prop further, through refreshing our performance management, benefits, compensation, and hiring strategies
- Oversee the talent acquisition team as they create and optimize a strong recruiting funnel and brand reputation amongst high potential candidates
- Lead your team to refine and streamline employee lifecycle processes (e.g., onboarding, termination, performance management, etc)
- Oversee the L&D team to develop scalable training paths and an internal development path for team members
- Drive our diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism work, ensuring Industrious is delivering a workplace where every member of our team feels able to do their best work and be their true selves
- Oversee the HR business partners to develop a scalable support model for managers, executives, and employees
- Oversee the management and improvement of our HR operations systems and processes to enable scale, increase efficiency, and minimize HR risk
- Codify our team culture, and in collaboration with the leadership team, define how we should make our culture even stronger and stickier over time
- 10+ years of People experience (we prefer experience in a high-growth or very dynamic organization, and one that’s highly highly focused on talent and culture)
- Track record of success leading company-changing people-related initiatives
- Broad familiarity with HR best practices, as well as legal, compliance and cultural issues likely to be encountered by a business of our nature
- Strong business acumen, ability to develop strategy, and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead and inspire 10+ person teams to deliver exceptional results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- High degree of comfort working in a team with, and influencing other executives
- CBRE Acquires 35% Stake in Flexible Workspace Firm Industrious
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche