About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
As a rapidly scaling business with an ever-expanding real estate portfolio, Industrious is looking for a business-savvy real estate lawyer to join the in-house legal team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Legal Real Estate, the successful candidate will have the chance to make a material difference for a company that lies squarely in the crossroads of hospitality, real estate and tech. As a key member of Industrious’s legal team, the candidate will make a meaningful impact on our rapidly-growing company during a key period of expansion of our real estate portfolio. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Review, negotiate and close leases and management agreements in jurisdictions across the country and internationally.
- Manage the company’s real estate portfolio, addressing issues as they arise and drafting and negotiating applicable attendant documents (SNDAs, guaranties, letters of credit, estoppel letters, amendments).
- Navigate complex real estate deal structures, advising the company on legal and, where applicable, tax risks.
- Establish systems to ensure company compliance with real estate and construction contract requirements and applicable laws.
- Review, negotiate and finalize construction contracts, including architect contracts, general contractor contracts and millwork contracts.
- Develop, maintain and improve Industrious real estate and construction agreement standards and template forms.
- Provide guidance to the real estate and construction teams, answering questions and making recommendations for best practices and processes. Act as lead legal liaison to the construction department.
- Provide guidance to finance, operations and other internal teams regarding the Industrious portfolio of leases, management contracts and construction contracts
- Support the Senior Director of Legal Real Estate and your fellow Legal Counsel as needed in a variety of matters that come before the company on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate contract negotiation. Mix of law firm and in-house experience in a real estate capacity strongly preferred.
- Experience with real estate management agreements, either in the hotel industry or otherwise, strongly preferred.
- Auxiliary experience with construction matters highly desirable.
- Proven ability to negotiate a high volume of leases, management agreements from LOI through closing with minimal support from external counsel
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche