About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
As we shape the future of workplace experience, we’re looking for motivated, thoughtful, and collaborative people who are excited to join a high-growth, warm, and welcoming team. For more information, please visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
About the Role:
Industrious is on track to deliver tremendous growth over the next several years through both growth in our core product and via new products and business lines. As COO, you will be responsible for maintaining the industry-leading customer satisfaction metrics, financial performance, and employee engagement that fuels this growth.
You will be the glue that holds our cross-functional leaders together, ensuring they’re aligned on annual and quarterly goals and initiatives, and all rowing in the same direction. You’ll advise our CEO on organic and inorganic growth strategies, and contribute to key strategic conversations as a member of the company’s executive leadership team.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, best-in-class company in a rapidly evolving and growing industry. You will play a leadership role in optimizing the company’s operations, developing and executing on long-term strategic plans, and leading new high-stakes business lines.
- Lead company-wide operations, putting in place strong processes and systems allowing the organization to run smoothly and efficiently
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership team, and work across functions on both the supply (Real Estate, Design, Construction) and demand sides (Marketing, Sales, Unit Operations) to strategically advance the company
- Lead a series of functions representing day-to-day operations of our business and product iteration, including direct and indirect management of 50+ teammates. Exact functions will be determined based on the experience and skillset of the candidate. Examples of functions this role could oversee include: Hospitality, Facilities, IT, Technology, People, International, Enterprise, Tenant Experience Management.
- Improve and innovate on our processes, operating model, and product offerings to drive revenue and EBITDA
- Oversee our growing international operations, ensuring strong financial performance and quality
- Partner with the CEO, Finance, and Real Estate teams to help manage and evaluate future partnerships and acquisitions, and contribute to large-deal closings
- Drive employee-facing communications, initiatives, and support to strengthen employee engagement scores, recruitment, and retention
- 15+ years of operating and strategy experience with a proven record of delivering results.
- You are an expert problem solver - you are comfortable in dissecting ambiguous situations and excel in providing recommendations on a path forward
- You provide inspired leadership to your teams and they are excited to work and learn from you. One of the things that excites you is mentoring future leaders, managing and building high performance teams
- You have executive presence and acumen required to promote our mission, business and strategy with a range of external parties such as strategic partners, bankers, investors, and clients
- Demonstrated track record of success in architecting processes to support growth and performance improvement
- Excitement about the opportunity to work very hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high energy to build something incredible
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- The Continued Rise of Offices in a Virtual World: Industrious
- Flex-Office Provider Industrious Expands As Industry Contracts
- Future of Flex: How Employee Choice Could Change Offices for Good
- As Other Co-Working Spaces Struggle, Startup Industrious Stokes a Growing Niche