About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role
As a Director of Real Estate you will help shape and execute Industrious’ global location growth strategy. You will be directly responsible for building your team's pipeline of landlord partnerships across a range of deal structures, while owning some of the company's most complex transactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team in a highly entrepreneurial, high-visibility role with significant growth potential. The successful candidate has considerable business development and transactional experience, commercial real estate knowledge, managerial experience, and a strong work ethic.
This role can be based on either the East (NYC preferred) or West Coast.
- Develop, refine and communicate clear growth strategies and plans for your target markets and/or national landlord partners
- Build and develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other decision-makers to effectively communicate our value proposition and source transactions
- Oversee your team's pipeline to maintain viable opportunities at the top, middle and bottom of the funnel to achieve designated goals; analyze performance to identify opportunities and gaps
- Hire, train and manage a team of 2-5 people initially, while cultivating a supportive and ambitious team environment
- Negotiate and execute complex transactions to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns and thoughtful solutions to Industrious and our landlord partners
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design and construction planning, Investment Committee approval, negotiation, and internal deal onboarding
- Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives and develop tools / processes that support the company and scale growth
- 5-8 years of related professional experience, with 1-2 years of experience in a business development role and 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate (asset management, acquisitions, or development)
- Strong financial modeling, underwriting and other analytical skills
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with landlords, developers and brokers in a transactional capacity
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time (once it is safe to do so)
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Industrious' Jamie Hodari on the Return to Work
- Coworking Spaces Prepare To Welcome People Back, Expect the Industry To Grow