About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace provider in the U.S. with nearly 100 locations in more than 50 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the role:
Technology is at the heart of re-thinking commercial real estate and, as our Full-Stack Engineer, you will play an integral role in shaping how we make our vision a reality.
We're looking for an engineer who is excited about building advanced and technically sophisticated products to improve the services we deliver to thousands of members and enable Industrious' operations to scale gracefully. We are looking for someone that thrives in small, focused and highly collaborative teams that is passionate about delivering high-quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll partner with the Digital Product team and other business units to implement suitable technology that aligns with Industrious' overall systems architecture and data strategy. You'll influence key decisions that will build the foundation for our technical products, which will have a lasting impact.
Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience with building software solutions, particularly in WordPress, is comfortable both designing a system from the ground up and making small improvements to the code base, and understands that great engineering teams are built upon relationships just as much as they are built on awesome code.
As the Full-Stack Engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain the Industrious website
- Partner with business units and Digital Product team to implement suitable technology that aligns with Industrious' overall systems architecture and data strategy
- Collaborate with remote-based engineering team to ensure all systems are in-sync and we’re moving in the same direction
- Maintain & execute enhancements to existing systems, without negatively impacting Industrious’ members or employees
- Ensure our core systems and data are integrated, preventing data silos
- Deliver high quality code, in accordance with best practices, and stay up-to-date on best practices
- Future-proof the software solutions you deliver by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- Design and implement solutions that reflect your deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a system in production.
- Create test cases, unit-tests and automation scripts.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience with Wordpress
- Experience writing scalable, highly-performant, instrumented and clean code
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Excitement about and experience in working in all aspects of an application: you're as comfortable building user interfaces as you are designing and implementing the data models and the infrastructure that power them
- Ability create innovative technical and business solutions where none exist or need revision
- Work ethic based on a discipline of clean and maintainable code
- Demonstrated experience with project planning, mapping out major milestones and tactical to-dos required to achieve a goal
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing
- High degree of comfort working in a scrappy, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora is a plus
- Prior experience with service-oriented architectures (SOAs) and enterprise service buses (ESB) is a plus
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Industrious' Jamie Hodari on the Return to Work
- Coworking Spaces Prepare To Welcome People Back, Expect the Industry To Grow