About the Company:
Industrious' private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
About the Role:
The Area Manager role is a pivotal role at Industrious, directly managing 3 to 7 of our locations and requiring a breadth of diverse skills to achieve your goals of managing a healthy P&L, maintaining a high quality customer experience, driving strong operations, launching new locations, and cultivating team development for your area. Your leadership will be crucial as we expand to more than 100 locations in the coming year.
You might spend the day coaching and inspiring your team members, project managing local marketing efforts, pitching in to help drive sales in a high potential location, helping one of your team members with a difficult member issue, or covering for one of your team members while they are out on vacation.
You will have the opportunity to shape and define how Industrious operates overall, using your unique vantage point - close enough to our local teams and members yet seeing patterns across a number of locations - to propose and lead network-wide changes that make us better every day.
Success will mean providing a happier, more productive, and more connected workplace for thousands of amazing members, and a highly engaged and effective team in our locations.
As Area Manager, you will:
- Directly manage a team of 3-7 community managers, many of whom are supported by one or more Operations Associates, to deliver on P&L and member satisfaction and experience goals
- Strengthen your team, build a culture of excellence and hospitality, and develop future Industrious leaders through in-depth coaching, performance management and hiring
- Serve as the face of the business in your area. This will include playing a hands-on role in sales, engaging in negotiations with large potential members, handling local PR requests and resolving challenging member relations issues
- Launch new locations in your area, including execute against hiring, marketing and sales goals, in partnership with our launch team
- Collaboratively partner with your regional manager, the marketing team, the centralized operations team and other area and regional leaders to adjust and implement the company’s strategy, systems and processes
- Analyze, report on and take action against key performance metrics, including, but not limited to: Net Promoter Score, Revenue and Profit vs. targets, Performance against Hospitality Standards, and Operational Consistency
- Proactively identify and drive implementation of opportunities for improvement across all elements of our unit operations
- As necessary, perform on-the- ground coverage for your team members while they are out on vacation
- Proven ability to lead and inspire 4+ person teams to deliver exceptional results, ideally including some remote management experience
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably handle difficult conversations
- Comfort with numbers and experience working in a metrics-based management culture
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to oversee Industrious locations in your region
- Passion for creating exceptional customer experiences
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience driving local marketing and sales
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Industrious' Jamie Hodari on the Return to Work
- Coworking Spaces Prepare To Welcome People Back, Expect the Industry To Grow