About the Company:
Industrious’ private offices and suites — the highest-rated workspaces in the industry — provide the most sustainable option for companies to manage newly distributed teams for the long term. We make it easy to find an office that works for you — even if you come in just once or twice a week. Recognized as one of America’s 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine, Industrious offers flexible terms and locations in more than 50 U.S. markets.
As General Manager of North America for Industrious, your role is to own our network’s P&L and our members’ experience. You’ll deliver these results by inspiring a large frontline team of committed hospitality, operations, and sales people; by working closely with cross-functional leaders on our marketing, sales, product, and customer experience teams; and by being an active contributor to Industrious’ leadership team. As the leader of our network, you will not only own the strategy and execution for our largest business line, but also play a key role in defining our company strategy, culture, and operating approach across almost every facet of our business.
Your role will require a breadth of diverse skills. A single day might involve: leading a discussion with your cross-functional peers around the performance and strategy, lunch with a group of new hires to talk about your vision and expectations, one-on-ones with a regional manager to review performance and provide coaching, a check in with the People team to walk through a review of high performance talent, problem solving with your Product team counterpart around the next wave of innovation, and a meeting with a key enterprise customer to help further refine the vision and value prop.
You will build on our strong foundation and network of more than 100 locations in 50+ cities to navigate COVID, introduce new products, bring new supply online, and capture the ever-growing opportunity this moment in time has created for Industrious. Success will mean providing a happier and more productive thousands of amazing members and a highly engaged and effective team of Industrious employees.
his role can be based in any city with an Industrious location. We anticipate that this role will require frequent travel once it is safe to do so.
As GM of North America, you will:
- Lead a team of Regional Managers to deliver on network goals (P&L, customer satisfaction and experience quality goals)
- Lead the development and refinement of Industrious’s network strategy, in collaboration with your cross-functional partners
- Build senior leaders who instill a culture of excellence in hospitality and sales, and themselves develop future Industrious leaders through coaching, performance management, and hiring
- Report on and take action against key performance metrics, including, but not limited to: Net Promoter Score, Revenue and Profit vs. targets, Performance against Hospitality Standards, operational consistency
- Ideate and implement product improvements and innovations
- Monitor and direct response to the external environment to capitalize on new opportunities and address competitive or economic challenges
- Proven ability to lead and inspire large teams to deliver exceptional results
- Proven ability to manage a P&L in a high growth environment
- Excellent problem solver under conditions of uncertainty/ambiguity
- Track record of innovating or materially improving a business rapidly or with limited resources
- High degree of comfort working in a team with other executives
- Strong management and coaching skills, with comfort overseeing the hiring and development of large teams
- Passion and energy for leading teams, and creating exceptional customer experiences
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to oversee Industrious locations (during non-COVID periods)
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Industrious' Jamie Hodari on the Return to Work
- Coworking Spaces Prepare To Welcome People Back, Expect the Industry To Grow