About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace provider in the U.S. with nearly 100 locations in more than 50 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the role:
We’re proud of our members and our team, and we have a lot of stories to tell as we continue to shape the workplace experience of the future. As our Manager of PR and Comms, you will work closely with our Director of Communications to help lead the execution of Industrious’ proactive PR strategy and expand the reach and visibility of the day-to-day brand. This means helping come up with evergreen storylines, angles, and content for earned media. You’ll also be involved in thought leadership, including writing on behalf of the company’s leaders and pitching us to others. You need to be excited about driving the company’s messaging and creating compelling content for a variety of audiences and channels to build awareness, growth and demand. The ideal candidate will be a masterful storyteller that thrives in a fast-growing environment, with a keen understanding of the promise of co-working and its role in the future of how we live and work.
You will tactically assist the Director of Communications with all written materials (press releases, drafting original content, etc.), lead the development of thought leadership content (including op-eds and remarks for speaking engagements), help identify strategic B2B and B2C speaking opportunities to drive event calendars, and use your extensive knowledge of editorial processes to further Industrious’ strategic goals and growth.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- You know how PR works
- You have at least 5+ years of PR, media relations, content creation, and/or writing experience
- You have a network of media contacts within the business, real estate, tech and lifestyle spaces and a proven record of media placements
- You have a track record of selecting and managing relevant vendors and partners
- You can do the strategic, the operational, and the creative
- You can partner with executive leadership to ensure internal and external communication efforts are aligned with long-term growth goals
- You’re excited to design and implement industry thought leadership strategy
- You are a natural at leading projects and setting processes that require inputs from many teams within the company
- You’re a storyteller at heart, and you love writing and brainstorming about the future of work
- You’re excited to jump into an ever-evolving and ever-growing team and company
- You thrive in ambiguity and have a knack for simplifying things into practical processes
- You like to build systems, figuring out what we need from the ground up
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- Magazine Names Industrious the Fastest-Growing Company in the Industry
- This boutique Brooklyn hotel is turning its rooms into offices
- Brookfield-backed Industrious plots IPO, adds female director
Industrious is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Industrious believes that diversity is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity of our people. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs. #LI-LC1