About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium workplace provider in the U.S. with nearly 100 locations in more than 50 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
Industrious is on track to deliver tremendous growth over the next several years through both growth in our core product as well as new products and business lines. As CFO, you will lead the financial strategy that will enable us to achieve this growth while maintaining industry-leading profit margins and ROI. You will manage relationships with current and potential investors and capital partners, advise our CEO on organic and inorganic growth strategies, and contribute to key strategic conversations as a member of the company’s executive leadership team.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a leading company in a rapidly evolving and growing industry. You will play a leadership role in building the company’s finance function, developing and executing on long-term strategic plans, and leading high-stakes negotiations.
- Lead financial strategy across the organization, partnering with leadership to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership team, and work across functions (Real Estate, Operations, Design & Construction, etc.) to strategically advance the company
- Lead the Finance team, including FP&A and accounting teams and direct and indirect management of 20+ team members
- Oversee and maintain the financial reporting process for key metrics and operating levers to measure and improve overall company performance, with an eye towards rapid growth and scalability
- Oversee debt, capital, and liquidity strategy for the organization, and evaluate, negotiate, and market financing rounds to fund the Company’s growth and provide for adequate ongoing liquidity.
- Identify and execute new ways to finance the company’s growing capital needs
- Partner with the CEO, Finance and Real Estate teams to help manage and evaluate future partnerships and acquisitions
- Oversee development of annual operating budget and prepare quarterly forecasts and strategies
- Manage key financial relationships (bankers, investors, board members) in a way that provides value to the company
- 15+ years of finance or strategy experience with a proven record of delivering results. MBA, CPA, or similar degree/certification a plus
- You have been involved in setting corporate strategy, potentially through experience in a professional services capacity, strategy within private equity / venture capital, or CFO / executive leadership at a growing company
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex M&A or fundraising negotiations
- You are an expert problem solver - you are comfortable in dissecting ambiguous situations and excel in providing recommendations on a path forward
- You provide inspired leadership to your teams and they are excited to work and learn from you. One of the things that excites you is mentoring future leaders, managing and building high performance teams
- You have executive presence and acumen required to promote our mission, business and strategy with a range of external parties such as strategic partners, bankers, investors, and clients
- Demonstrated track record of success in architecting processes to support growth and performance improvement
- Excitement about the opportunity to work very hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high energy to build something incredible
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
Industrious in the News: