About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
As the Industrious Real Estate Paralegal/Legal Assistant, you will assist the legal team by providing leadership for the optimal management of Industrious’ portfolio of commercial leases and management agreements while developing and implementing best practices in coordination with the Real Estate, Design & Construction, Legal, Launch, Finance and other internal teams. You will summarize commercial leases, management contracts and other legal documents in laymen's terms, assist with obtaining insurance certificates and letters of credit and other on-boarding agreement processes, proactively monitor key dates, answer questions from both the internal Industrious teams and external parties like landlords and property managers, and assist the Legal team with other tasks such as due diligence in connection with investments and special projects.
This role will report to the Real Estate Counsel and be based in New York City.
- Support contract execution process and onboarding of new commercial leases, management contracts and other agreements, including through internal cross-functional coordination, preparation and review of abstracts and other summaries critical to Industrious’ operations.
- Drive and oversee processing and tracking of letters of credit, estoppels, commencement date letters, certificates of insurance, and other ancillary documentation.
- Ensure that digital and physical files are accurate, consistent, and up-to-date.
- Oversee and manage file maintenance, quality control, and data review procedures.
- Interpret legal language and concepts and act as a liaison to other internal departments on questions and issues relating to commercial leases, management contracts and other legal documents.
- Manage and coordinate correspondence with landlords, building owners and property managers on estoppels, letters of credit, amendments and other documents and issues as needed.
- Support the legal department on summarizing other important data for internal and external special projects.
- The ideal candidate will at least 2 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate lease administration, hotel management contract administration, commercial property management or corporate commercial real estate.
- Familiarity with reading and summarizing legal documents in plain English, with a particular emphasis on commercial leases, management agreements and other real estate contracts.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting and competing demands.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision in an occasionally high-pressure cross-functional environment.
- Ambitious, hardworking, strong ability to multi-task and team-oriented.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management and communications skills.
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Strong Margins to Protect WeWork Rival 'Industrious' from Recession: CEO