About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 90 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
The Accounts Payable Lead will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable (“AP”) function and team in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment. As the Accounts Payable Lead, you will be tasked with processing and paying invoices and standardizing AP procedures and internal controls. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and your work will be vital to helping Industrious scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
The role is based in Manhattan, New York and reports directly to the Transactions Processing Lead.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
- Oversee invoice and payment processing for multiple subsidiaries in Concur and NetSuite
- Work with Transaction Processing Lead to formalize Company's payment terms and other T&E policies. Ensure that these changes are effectively communicated to business leaders / department heads
- Work with Transaction Processing Lead and Controller to implement vendor approval controls and other AP related controls
- Communicate and reinforce Industrious’ procure-to-pay policies
- Manage travel and expense reimbursements in Concur
- Complete month-end close procedures, including reconciling AP G/L accounts and determining appropriate accruals
- Review AP Aging on a monthly basis and investigate any outstanding amounts due, push payments out until due date is reached
- Provide training, development, guidance and support to AP Specialists
- Respond to AP inquiries with speed and professionalism
- Complete 1099 regulatory filings annually
- Manage and maintain ever growing inventory of corporate credit cards, help staff troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Compile and meet OKRs for Accounts Payable team as whole
- Manage and/or delegate ad hoc projects as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of direct experience in Accounts Payable
- Prior experience leading teams
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and ability to work with the Finance team to ensure accurate financial statements
- Experience with systems such as NetSuite, Concur and Coupa
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally with management, vendors and colleagues
- Strong analytical disposition with high attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Strong Microsoft Office skillset
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Strong Margins to Protect WeWork Rival 'Industrious' from Recession: CEO