About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role:
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to be working with a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the years ahead is to build off our exceptional business and team fundamentals to aggressively grow our network and become landlords’ partner of choice for all flexible commercial uses.
As our Senior Accountant (S4) you will oversee a high volume of transactions across our locations nationwide. You will be responsible for overseeing various operational finance tasks in relation to general ledger, revenue recognition entries, related cost of goods sold, SG&A, P&L packages by department and location, balance sheet reconciliations by location, lease accounting, deferred revenue, journal entries, and financial reporting. Using your knowledge of accounting principles, you will support our Accounting Manager and provide guidance and direction to the team as they navigate the rapid growth, changing nature, and increasing complexity of our business.
The position will maintain SOX compliance, issue internal statements and reports on a timely basis, while meeting all financial close reporting requirements and deadlines. He/she will provide accounting support to operational departments and special projects.
You will report to the Accounting Manager and will be based in New York City.
- Manage monthly closing process, ensuring timely and accurate closing of NetSuite General Ledger and its sub ledgers, including, revenues, lease liabilities, deferred revenues, direct and SG&A expenses and accounting for international locations denominated in their local currency. This includes the review and posting of all journal entries.
- Participate in the month-end close process and complete reconciliations for accounts.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Analyze financial results (ex. budget vs. actual, month-to-month variances).
- Assist with system implementations, including helping to train employees and resolve issues.
- Coach and develop junior accounting staff.
- Review all operational financial statements and related account analysis, ensuring that all accounting records are maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Continually assess and implement process improvements, including anticipating improvements to become more efficient as the company scales.
- Continually develop, expand and improve/streamline month end close, financial reporting procedures, and help drive the reduction of the close timeline
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account analysis package for the Controller. Supervise preparation of Quarterly/monthly reporting data. Being familiar with creating custom reports using a financial reporting software; such as PBCS is a plus.
- Evaluate and identify areas of potential exposure and internal control weakness and evaluate and improve processes and work flows to improve completion times.
- Interact with the Company’s external auditors with respect to the Company’s financial statements and related analyses.
- Complete ad hoc requests and special projects in an accurate and timely manner, as assigned.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- BS/BA in Accounting with 4+ years of direct experience in the field
- Deep expertise in relevant accounting and control practices and experience with month end/year end close process for a high volume of transactions across various financial statement captions; including revenues, lease liabilities, off-balance sheet commitments, VIEs/management contracts, deferred revenue, and state and local taxes.
- Commercially minded with startup experience is a strong plus
- Enthusiastic about designing and implementing systems and policies
- Experience with process improvement/automation
- Self-starter with exceptional prioritization skills excited to work in a high paced entrepreneurial environment
- Extremely strong attention to detail and exceptionally organized
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with intermediate/advanced Excel
- Previous experience with ERP system and other accounting software (NetSuite, Concur, Coupa, Zuora, WorldPay, Stripe) preferred
- Previous experience accounting for International locations is a plus
- Previous experience in accounting/finance role for a public company preferred
- Public accounting/Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA required
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Strong Margins to Protect WeWork Rival 'Industrious' from Recession: CEO