About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 80 locations in more than 45 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry. For more information, visit www.industriousoffice.com.
About the Role
Scaling any business as rapidly as we are is both exciting and challenging. We’re lucky to have a product we know thousands of people across the country love, a strong financial position, and a team of fantastic people. Our task for the year ahead is to nurture these things and keep our eye on the ball as we continue our growth - this means thinking further and further ahead about our vision for Industrious, rapidly accelerating the pace at which we innovate our offerings, growing our ability to hire the best people and bring on the best investors, and refining the systems and processes our teams use to get it all done. You’ll be working directly with our CEO, Jamie—so this role is perfect for someone who wants to learn a ton about how startups scale from the best seat in the house.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You like zooming between the big picture and the tactical - you love being in blue sky brainstorming and problem-solving sessions as much as you love making ideas happen in real life.
- You easily build trust with others and you are a connector - you’ve been told you have high EQ, and you tend to form genuine relationships with others very quickly. You are a pro at influencing, supporting other teams to do what they do better and better every day.
- You have opinions and ideas - you are a really fun sparring partner on issues strategic, organizational, and operational. You ask good questions. You know when to keep pushing an idea and when to bring the conversation to next steps.
- You don’t mind being in a supporting role - you like the idea of having the bird’s eye view of Industrious, working closely with Jamie and other leaders, and having a massive impact on the company, but are comfortable doing so in a role that is sometimes very visible, but at others more behind-the-scenes.
- You’re a great writer.
- You pride yourself on being organized and knowing how to prioritize - you are a list keeper. You not only keep track of tasks big and small to be done, but you tend to constantly re-evaluate their importance relative to the company at large.
- You get stuff done - you know what it feels like to deliver results on projects big and small, and you like driving things from idea through execution.
- Company culture and employee engagement is important to you - you have an ear to the ground of the company and want to do the hard work of figuring out how to build a culture across an increasingly large organization.
- You are a trusted partner to the CEO and other senior members of the organization - everyone respects and welcomes your intuition and has trust in your ability to drive change.
- You’re ethical, thoughtful, and comfortable telling your boss why they’re wrong (many times per day).
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite
Industrious in the News:
- How Industrious is changing the coworking Industry
- Industrious CEO Sees Company as Less Risky Than WeWork
- Strong Margins to Protect WeWork Rival 'Industrious' from Recession: CEO